Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 1 : The Recording Begins!

It's been 4 long years, but finally, the first Legionary album is officially underway. As the drummer, I begin the long grueling process, and I'm expected to lay down 10 tight drum tracks as a guide for everyone else in the band. As far as how today went... It couldn't have gone any better! Even though I literally got no sleep whatsoever last night (because I was so excited to get this thing started haha), I still recorded drums to 5 of the 10 tracks. By the end of the day, my body was sore, but the results were most certainly there. The drum tones we achieved this time around are far superior to the ones we had on our two song demo last year, and I can't wait for people to hear this. Dave Andronico does an excellent job making the recording process easy on all of us, and we're all glad to be working with him again.

In other news... We took lots of video footage and pics that will surely be posted up over the next few days/weeks. "Arcane Divisions" has just begun, and we're already very excited, and very anxious for people to hear this album. We feel that this album will be one of the biggest surprises of 2011, not only locally, but in the metal world. I'll be going back to track more drums tomorrow, so stay tuned!

- Frank

No comments:

Post a Comment